Thursday, December 27, 2012

What is Journey True North?

People frequently ask me, "what is your private practice, Journey True North?  What do you do?"

It is a business expectation that all CEO's or executives have an "elevator speech" prepared to present to people when they ask about your company, product, mission, etc.

Creating such a canned answer is a difficult task to accomplish when you have an organization that aims to help people reconnect to their own soul purpose.  Last night at Christmas dinner a friend of my husband's, whom I have not seen for a few years, stopped by somewhat unexpectantly. James, my husband, called me over to where they were sitting and said, "Hey Babe, can you tell Jim what Journey True North is?"

Again, I was face-to-face with my own trepidation in describing a process, set of material and methods used that allow people to "re-member" their dreams and live into their soul purpose.

I said to Jim, "Remember when you were a little boy? Do you remember what you dreams were? Well, Journey True North uses depth psychology, mythology, storytelling, guided imagery, and traditional indigenous medicine work to help others re-collect their soul purpose."  Yet even this explanation felt wholly inadequate.

I am now formulating the essence of Journey True North into a stable and confident sound byte, that three second commercial, a message that satisfies my need to convey what I do and what I am called to do it in this lifetime. This work I bring forth into the world is not so much learned as it is given and conveyed through Spirit and my Creator.

Journey True North comes straight from my soul, and has been percolating in there for over thirty years.  It began with a women's meditation group which lead me into the fascinating world of Godesses including Innana, Hecate, Kali, Pele, Vestia, Aurora, and the Mother Mary.  Then I was directed into the works of Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, Carlos Castaneda  Starhawk, Carl Jung, Angeles Arrien, Vicky Noble, the Black Madonna  shamanic studies, mythology and depth psychology at the Pacifica Graduate Institute, red tent ceremonies, vision quests, women's circles, and James Hillman.

Now, after thirty years of mixing this conncotion, I am ready to share this personalized micro brew with those who are thirsty for the knowledge of their own soul purpose and how to escavate the own personal Diamon.


Spiral Black Stallion, #0571-7D

© 2012  James W. Murray, all rights reserved.


(click image for larger version)

Details: October 28, 2012; Canon 7D; f/16 @ 1/60 sec; +1/3 EV; ISO 800;
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM


________

No comments:

Post a Comment